Thursday 1 March 2012

Welcome to The Third Woman

Let me start from the beginning.

Three and a half years ago my partner and I travelled to Vienna to visit a friend of his. He spent the majority of his teen years in the city, and loves the place. Within 3 hours of being there, I had decided that I wanted to live there. And so a seed was planted. We began looking at the logistics and I decided that before I left the UK I wanted to complete some further studies. We set ourselves a target of 2012 to complete the move by, as we both decided that we wanted to be away from the UK when the Olympics started!

It is now 2012. We have now found a flat. Things are getting real.

On April 17th we will pack up the last of our things and get in a car, heading for a new life in Austria. Having spent the last 3 years looking for helpful information on moving to Austria and failing somewhat, I decided to blog about the move, and my first year in the city. So here we are.

Every day for the next 7 weeks will involve another thing to do, some other process to complete. It will be major upheaval, but completely and utterly worth it. The new city will present challenges - finding a job, learning/remembering the language (the Mr is practically fluent but then he's a polyglot and I have a GCSE in German), getting used to a new way of life. But we're embracing the challenge with open arms, broadening our horizons and generally looking forward to something different.

I hope you will follow us in our journey.

m4dswine

No comments:

Post a Comment