Wednesday 21 March 2012

V-27: Playing with living room decoration

Virtually that is anyway!!

I have a massive list of all the furniture and things I want to buy when we go to Ikea for our massive spending spree. So I thought I'd create some boards on Pinterest so I could see how they would go together, and give me a better idea about how I might like to decorate our bedroom with furniture and fittings, because I've been completely stumped.


The great thing about the flat is that it is a completely neutral space, so we could do pretty much anything we wanted. We sort of decided that in the living room at least we'd like dark wood furniture, mainly because the piano is dark wood and we want something that goes with it.

The brown rug and silver lamp stand that feature in all three boards are things we already have. 

Living Room Option 1: The Purple Option

I love purple. Our bedroom at the moment is purple, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to have a purple sofa!! We have a large yellow painting and some John Miller prints in our living room, which oddly work well together, and I think would work really well in the living room in this mood board. The Beard's mother just gave us some paintings including one she painted herself, which would also look amazing in this context.

Living Room Option 2: The Red Option

I'm not sure I'm feeling this as much, although it would be nice and homely. I'm not sure how we'd decorate around it, if that makes sense. But I do like the bold colour of the sofa, and how it plays off the dark furniture. The sofa that is featured is not the only red one, but red is the only colour I really like that sofa in. As the sofa we get is determined by comfort not colour, this could well be what we go for!

Living Room Option 3: The Neutral Option

Keeping again with the dark furniture, because I think we both like that quite a bit, this mood board takes a more monochrome and minimalist approach. This is reflected in the sofa in grey, again, if this is the sofa determined to be most comfortable, then this is really the only colour I really like it in. I think I like this more than the red option as a second choice, simply because it is a more neutral space that would work with some of our existing things, like the teal lamp shade we have, and the artwork we have.

Option 1 is by far and away my favourite. The Beard keeps telling me that his ass doesn't know what colour the sofa is, only how comfy it is, so I have to wait until we actually get to Ikea to try them all and make a decision. But it's good to have something in mind beforehand I think, otherwise you end up coming home with everything and anything.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment